I used my cricut Plantain cartridge for this one. I wanted to add a little something different so I decided to add “movement” to the card. I cut the flowers in page 76 at 1 1/4″ using both the flower and the shadow.
I used my downtown finds for the middle of the flowers. I used tiny “sparkle flowers” I found at the garment district in Downtown Los Angeles. I used the fuzzies you find at Michaels during X-mas for the “stems.” The stems allow the flowers to move. I taped the stems to both the flowers and the vase. The base is from the Potpourri cartridge found in page 47. It was cut at 2 1/2″. I used pink card stock for the base of the “vase.” I then cut another vase using this beautiful Japanese paper I found on e-bay. It is for Oragamy (sp?) so I cut it using the lowest speed and the lightest pressure on the Cricut so it would not tear.
The card was made of basic chocolate card stock. The blue background was cut at 7″ tall x 5″ wide. Again I used the Swiss Dots for texture on the Cuttlebug. Finally I added a simple ribbon I bought in Germany last year.
I had to get creative on this one. I used my Sure Cuts a Lot 2 program to create this “wedding dress.” I began by “welding” a heart and a triangle together. I flipped the heart upside down. I then copied the “welded” image and “welded” again to make the full card. The card measure 5 1/2″ tall by 7″ wide.
For the “pearl” stand I used some pearls left over from my wedding! They are put together already in a strand so I just cut about 1″ and taped it in the back so the pearls don’t come lose. For the dress I used “from my heart- metallic papers” I embossed using my Cuttlebug machine. I tied up the cute bow using organza ribbon.
For the skirt I used an old ribbon I had from one of my Downtown Los Angeles fabric district buys 🙂
I did a very simple card for this one. I did not even use my cricut! I used basic pink card stock for the card. I used lavender card stock for the overlay. I used my Swiss Dots on the Cuttlebug to give texture to the lavender back ground. I used my pink and chocolate ribbon I bought from Costco for the middle of the card.
I used my downtown finds “butterflies” for the embellishment as well as a heart shaped jewel. I used the stampology clear stamps to stamp the tag and the “Thanks” with blue ink and pink ink.
I hope you all like it!
I was up until 12:30 a.m. last night still making my cards for the challenge. I have to take the pictures of all of them and upload them. I am having problems with the image quality so I am going to have my husband help me with clearer images 🙂
Cards pictures still to come!
Today is National Scrapbook Day and I am tagging along to mypinkstamper.com challenges. I was up really early (for me) so I can watch and start watching the blog and the challenges. The first challenge was creating a Mother’s day card. Here is my version….
Well we know my mom had 4 kids so I decided to use the Create a Critter cartridge along with the Mother 2010 cartridge for this card. I also used my cuttlebug. The card is 5 1/2″ x 8″. The monkeys were cut at 2 1/4″, Mama was cut at 2″. I used the Animal Crackers stack from DCWV for the pink leaves back ground. I used basic pink, lime, hot pink, black, beige, brown and green card stock from Recollecitions (sold at Michaels).
Side View of card – done with 3 dimensional dots.
A closer look at the “monkeys”